Today’s episode is inspired by a conversation that I had with my mom about how to find your passion. If I had a dollar for everytime this conversation came up I would be rich.
Contrary to what most people believe, you won’t find your passion by sitting around thinking about it. Finding your passion is not a passive activity. It requires action! A lot of it.
But you don’t have to make huge commitments or dive in deep right away. You can start small with a series of tiny actions.
“Every big thing in life is done through a series of tiny actions.” -Keep Chasing The Stars
Why finding your passion is so difficult:
- Most of us have not been encouraged to pursue our interests.
- If you had a free day and could not spend it eating/ drinking, watching TV, sleeping or buying things, how would you spend that time?
- You will not find your passion sitting in a book or scrolling through Twitter. It doesn’t work like that. Finding your passion is not a passive activity.
- To fan the flames of passion you have to be engaged in some type of activity.
- Take action and feel your way through it.
The tiny Actions that I took:
- My husband planted the seed that I should buy a t-shirt printer.
- Bought a screen printer > taught myself basic graphic design > started a t-shirt business> taught myself more advanced designed> started a planner company
4 Steps to finding your passion:
- Quit thinking & start doing.
- Be open-minded & curious.
- Take note of how you feel while you’re doing these activities.
- Let your passions evolve.
Here’s How To Subscribe & Review The Show
Want to be the first to know when new episodes drop? Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Podcast reviews are the internet equivalent of high-fives. iTunes uses the reviews to help their algorithms rank podcast shows. Basically, the more reviews the merrier. I would be extremely grateful if you took a moment to leave a review and let me know your favorite part of this episode.
Loving the podcast? Want to connect with other brilliant creative entrepreneurs? I encourage you to use the hashtag #PimpYourBrilliance and show us what you’re up to.