This week on Pimp Your Brilliance, I’m chatting with public health researcher turned painter Christa David. Christa is a mixed media artist fusing the mediums of painting, collage and assemblage to discuss themes of faith, power, politics and identity. In September 2016, after years of “making art in the cracks” (nights and weekends) along side her demanding work as senior public health researcher, she took a leap of faith into making art full-time.
In this episode, we discuss why Christa left her six figure salary to pursue art, how to evaluate your life situation to decide if taking the leap is right for you, marketing yourself as a full time artist and avoiding the comparison bug.
- Why Christa left her six figure salary to pursue art
- How she prepared to leave her job
- Evaluating your life situation to decide if taking the leap is right for you
- How Christa is developing her art practice
- Christa’s take on marketing yourself as a full time artist
- How she refuels her creativity and stays inspired
- How to avoid the comparison bug
- Christa’s advice for new artists
- Pimp Your Brilliance action challenge
- To Read – Deep Work by Cal Newport, Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi, You Are A Badass At Making Money by Jen Sincero, Essentialism by Greg McKeown
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the book links, I’ll receive a small commission if you purchase.
CONNECT WITH CHRISTA:
Website | Instagram | Facebook
Take The Listener Survey
Help me get a better understanding of what you need and would like to see from the show. All you have to do is visit keepchasingthestars.com/survey.